Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Fang; Pan, Shiying; Yao, Xin
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.2
- human development, etc ; education; empirical research; infrastructure; sustainable development; China; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... Based on the convergence theory of economic growth, this paper extends this concept to the human development index and carries out an empirical analysis of regional development in China between 1997 and 2006. Our research shows that the conditional convergence has been identified. Investment in fixed assets, government expenditure on education, health and infrastructure construction have positive ...
- Fernández, Ignacio C.; Manuel-Navarrete, David; Torres-Salinas, Robinson
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.8
- human development, etc ; cities; collective action; education; income; landscapes; models; politics; poverty; socioeconomics; sustainable development; Chile; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Resilience can have desirable and undesirable consequences. Thus, resilience should not be viewed as a normative desirable goal, but as a descriptor of complex systems dynamics. From this perspective, we apply resilience thinking concepts to assess the dynamics of inequality, spatial segregation, and sustainability in Chile’s capital city of Santiago. Chile’s economy boosted since democracy was re ...