Jump to Main Content
- Fernández, Ignacio C.; Manuel-Navarrete, David; Torres-Salinas, Robinson
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.8
- human development, etc ; cities; collective action; education; income; landscapes; models; politics; poverty; socioeconomics; sustainable development; Chile; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Resilience can have desirable and undesirable consequences. Thus, resilience should not be viewed as a normative desirable goal, but as a descriptor of complex systems dynamics. From this perspective, we apply resilience thinking concepts to assess the dynamics of inequality, spatial segregation, and sustainability in Chile’s capital city of Santiago. Chile’s economy boosted since democracy was re ...
- Smulders-Dane, Sietske; Smits, Toine; Fielding, Glen; Chang, Yvonne; Kuipers, Kirsten
- Sustainability 2016 v.8 no.6
- human development, etc ; case studies; catalysts; cobalt oxide; land use planning; leadership; learning; models; ownership; stakeholders; sustainable development; Netherlands; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... This case report is about a regional land-use planning project in the Netherlands. Initiated by the province of Gelderland and Radboud University (RU), the project aimed to create “Communities of Ownership” (CoO’s), local associations of townspeople who would engage in collaborative vision-building related to sustainable land development. The guiding conceptual model was “The Natural Step” (TNS), ...