Jump to Main Content
- Bijl, Dick
- Sustainable chemistry and pharmacy 2019 v.12 pp. 100127
- adverse effects; drug therapy; drugs; people; Netherlands
- ... In the Netherlands more than 11 million people use drugs for the most part intended for chronic use. The scientific basis for the enormous amounts of people that use so many drugs in the Netherlands is quite small. Of many drugs the efficacy is hardly proven and only a minority of people improve by using them. Furthermore, the natural course of many complaints and diseases is positive and needs no ...
- Oldenkamp, Rik
- Sustainable chemistry and pharmacy 2019 v.12 pp. 100128
- antibiotics; crops; drugs; environmental exposure; food contamination; geographical variation; infants; ingestion; models; monitoring; risk; surface water; water pollution; Spain
- ... Nowadays, many pharmaceuticals are detected in surface waters around the world. Because of the extent of the issue, monitoring alone cannot provide a complete overview of the situation. To guide smart monitoring efforts and optimal mitigation measures, spatially explicit models can be used. We show that geographical variability leads to substantial differences in environmental exposure to pharmace ...