Jump to Main Content
- St. John, Emily; Liu, Yitai; Podar, Mircea; Stott, Matthew B.; Meneghin, Jennifer; Chen, Zhiqiang; Lagutin, Kirill; Mitchell, Kevin; Reysenbach, Anna-Louise
- Systematic and applied microbiology 2019 v.42 no.1 pp. 94-106
- thiosulfates, etc ; Desulfurococcaceae; H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; alcohols; amino acids; biosynthesis; coculture; enrichment culture; fatty acids; flagellum; genes; genomics; gluconeogenesis; glycolysis; hot springs; nucleotide sequences; pH; phylogeny; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; sugars; New Zealand; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Three thermophilic Nanoarchaeota-Crenarchaeota symbiotic systems have been described. We obtained another stable anaerobic enrichment culture at 80°C, pH 6.0 from a New Zealand hot spring. The nanoarchaeote (Ncl-1) and its host (NZ3T) were isolated in co-culture and their genomes assembled. The small (∼200nm) flagellated cocci were often attached to larger cocci. Based on 16S rRNA gene similarity ...
- Zhou, En-Min; Xian, Wen-Dong; Jiao, Jian-Yu; Liu, Lan; Li, Meng-Meng; Ding, Yi-Ping; Yin, Yi-Rui; Zhao, Jiao; Nimaichand, Salam; Xiao, Min; Li, Wen-Jun
- Systematic and applied microbiology 2018 v.41 no.6 pp. 611-618
- thiosulfates, etc ; DNA fingerprinting; Thermus scotoductus; cell growth; color; fatty acids; genes; genomics; hot springs; iron; menaquinones; new species; pH; phylogeny; quinones; ribosomal DNA; ribosomal RNA; sequence homology; sodium chloride; thermophilic bacteria; China; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Two closely related, thermophilic bacteria, designated strains YIM 76954T and YIM 76947, were isolated from the Rehai Geothermal Field, Tengchong, Yunnan province, south-west China. Polyphasic approach and whole genome sequencing were used to determine the taxonomy status and genomic profiles of the novel strains. Phylogenetic analysis based on 16S rRNA gene sequences indicated that the two isolat ...