Jump to Main Content
- Price, John B.; Calamari, Timothy A.; Meredith, William R.
- Textile research journal 2002 v.72 no.9 pp. 810-816
- capacitance; cotton; fabrics; monitoring; textile fibers; weaving; yams; yarns
- ... The results of testing a large number of rotor yam samples for evenness and imper fections by an instrument operating on capacitance principles are compared with like data produced by a yam monitoring system based on optical methods. The yams vary in the cotton used, type, and linear density. While there is a reasonably good correlation between measures of non-uniformity (CV%), correlations betwee ...
- Jinlian Hu,; Xiuying Jiang,; Postle, Ron
- Textile research journal 2002 v.72 no.9 pp. 763-768
- dimensional stability; fabrics; textile fibers; yams
- ... Rotor yams subjected to a tensile drawing process, as reported in Part I. not only differ from their original form in terms of yam structure, but also in bulk, mechanical, and surface properties. The fabrics produced from drawn rotor spun yams are no doubt affected by these changes. This paper presents a report on changes in fabric characteris tics. Experimental observation reveals an appreciable ...