Jump to Main Content
- Irick, Gether; Pacifici, J.G.
- Textile research journal 1971 v.41 no.3 pp. 255-258
- azo dyes; benzene; cellulose; fabrics; photolysis; polyesters; reflectance; reflectance spectroscopy; synthetic fibers; textile fibers
- ... The relationship between photodegradation rates and dye concentrations were determined by extraction, reflectance, and visual methods. Polyester and cellulose ester fabrics dyed with 4-[N-(2-cyanoethyl)-N-(ethylamino)]-4'-nitroazo benzene at various concentrations were exposed to either a carbon-arc or a mercury-arc lamp, and the amount of dye de struction, as a function of time, was determined by ...
- Irick, Gether
- Textile research journal 1971 v.41 no.3 pp. 261-263
- cellulose; dyes; fabrics; ions; nylon; polyesters; textile fibers
- ... A novel type of fiber reactive dye is described which eliminates chloride, alkoxide, or arylovide ions to produce a dyed fiber in which the amino groups of the fiber constitute a part of the chromophoric system. 3-Chloro-, 3-alkoxy-, and 3-aryloxy-Δ ¹.ᵅ-indenemalononitriles and Δ¹,²'-indene-1,3-indandiones had weak absorption maxima below 300 nm and dyed cellulose ester and polyester fabrics had p ...