Jump to Main Content
- Quynn, Richard G.
- Textile research journal 1971 v.41 no.3 pp. 204-210
- X-radiation; fabrics; hydrogen bonding; nylon; tensile strength; textile fibers
- ... On treatment with a variety of swelling agents, polyhexamethylene terephthalamide (nylon 6-T) fibers undergo char acteristic changes in tensile properties, x-ray pattern, and dyeability. Microscopically visible voids are permanentlv removed and the uptake of acid and disperse dyestuffs is increased in that portion of the fiber penetrated by the swotting agent. The molecular rearrangement which occ ...
- Skelton, J.; Freeston, W.D.
- Textile research journal 1971 v.41 no.3 pp. 187-196
- deformation; finishing; nylon; polyethylene terephthalates; silicone; tensile strength; textile fibers; woven fabrics; yarns
- ... Measurements of the breaking load of woven nylon and Dacron tapes at low and high strain rates showed that the tape strength is reduced at high pick densities and at a particular low pick density; the former was shown to be related to the high level of frictional restraints in the closely woven fabrics, while the latter is associated with the unique geometrical con figuration of the yarn filaments ...