Jump to Main Content
- Lyons, W. James
- Textile research journal 1970 v.40 no.9 pp. 836-843
- Weibull statistics; fabrics; normal distribution; polyamides; polyesters; probability; textile fibers
- ... The practical advantages of a knowledge of the appropriate lifetime distribution in fatigue research are pointed out. The logarithmic lifetimes of two sets of polyester specimens, one fatigued over a 47-day period at a constant force amplitude (CFA) of 11.5 g, the other over a shorter period at a CFA of 13.4 g, were judged to conform better to the Weilbull third-asymptotic distribution than to the ...
- Egerton, G.S.; Fisher, K.M.
- Textile research journal 1970 v.40 no.9 pp. 784-788
- fabrics; polyamides; polyesters; scanning electron microscopes; textile fibers; titanium dioxide; yarns
- ... The effect of various factors, such as the nature of the fiber and the titanium dioxide content, on the abrasive properties of textile yarns has been studied, using a scanning electron microscope. Polyamide and polyester continuous filament yarns produce regular grooves on the surface of knitting needles, but cellulosic yarns give rise to much smoother areas of wear, with some striations. The effe ...