Jump to Main Content
- Okajima, Saburo; Inoue, Kimio; Yazawa, Masahide; Kuwazuka, Yasuhiko
- Textile research journal 1962 v.32 no.10 pp. 843-857
- annealing; cotton; depolymerization; fabrics; heat; mechanical properties; modulus of elasticity; rayon; steam; steaming; temperature; textile fibers
- ... An apparatus was constructed, and heat treatment of rayon tow or sliver was carried out continuously using steam or water of 120° to 190° C for 15 to 80 sec Flash heating with saturated Steam of 7 to 14 kg/cm² for 15 sec is sufficient to reduce the degree of swelling of rayon to the order of that of cotton. with negligible depolymerization Fine structure of the fully treated rayon is stable, and t ...
- Shibukawa, T.; Gupta, V.D.; Turner, R.; Dillon, J.H.; Tobolsky, A.V.
- Textile research journal 1962 v.32 no.10 pp. 810-815
- X-ray diffraction; annealing; crystal structure; fabrics; modulus of elasticity; molecular weight; polyethylene; temperature; textile fibers
- ... Experiments undertaken to determine the dependence of the shear modulus upon the density and degree of crystallinity of three samples of linear polyethylene over a range of temperatures are described. In most instances, the data show good agreement between crystallinity values calculated from density and from x-ray diffraction measurements. Annealing the polyethylene samples was found to increase ...