Jump to Main Content
- Segal, L.; Creely, J.J.; Martin, A.E.; Conrad, C.M.
- Textile research journal 1959 v.29 no.10 pp. 786-794
- X-radiation; X-ray diffraction; absorbance; acid hydrolysis; aqueous solutions; cellulose; cotton; crystal structure; empirical research; fabrics; polymerization; textile fibers
- ... An empirical method for determining the crystallinity of native cellulose was studied with an x-ray diffractometer using the focusing and transmission techniques. The influence of fluctuations in the primary radiation and in the counting and recording processes have been determined. The intensity of the 002 interference and the amor phous scatter at 2θ = 18° was measured. The percent crystalline m ...
- Hamalainen, Carl; Wade, Ricardo H.; Cruz, Manuel D.
- Textile research journal 1959 v.29 no.10 pp. 821-826
- acetylation; anhydrides; catalysts; cellulose; cotton; esterification; fabrics; temperature; textile fibers; yarns
- ... Trifluoroacetic anhydride (TFAA) has been found to be an effective esterification promoter in the preparation of experimental quantities of partial cellulose acetates in which the fibrous structure of the original cotton is retained. In this reaction TFAA acts as an impellent and no additional catalyst is required. A method of preparation has been devised, and the effects of time, temperature, and ...