Jump to Main Content
- Windle, J.J.; Shaw, T.M.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.10 pp. 865-870
- dielectric properties; fabrics; nondestructive methods; textile fibers; wool
- ... Microwave techniques which have proved successful at frequencies of 3,000 and 9,300 Mc for the determination of the complex dielectric constant of fiber bundles have been extended to include a frequency of 26,000 Mc, where for the first time measure ments on a single wool fiber have proved to be feasible. Such measurements make it possible to compare directly the results of electrical and mechanic ...
- deMaCarty, P.C.; Dusenbury, J.H.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.10 pp. 875-885
- Merino; Targhee; compression strength; fabrics; lint cotton; prediction; textile fibers; theoretical models; wool
- ... A method has been found to prepare bulk samples of wool fibers in such a way that reproducible compression tests may be performed upon them. An evaluation of the bulk compression characteristics of 29 widely different wool samples shows that compressive load, rather than resilience, serves to bring out differences among them. This finding suggests that quality differences among wools, as determine ...