Jump to Main Content
- Teixeira, N.A.; Platt, M.M.; Hamburger, W.J.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.10 pp. 838-861
- cellulose acetate; dimensional stability; fabrics; frequency distribution; mechanics; textile fibers; texture; yarns
- ... Tongue-tear tests were made on samples of acetate fabrics, varying certain controlled factors: weave, texture, yarn twist, and yarn structure. An analysis of the resulting experimental data showed certain relationships between these fabric factors and tear strength. A qualitative discussion was made of tearing action—the influence on tear strength of various types of fabric distortion at or near t ...
- Susich, G.; Vadala, E. Th.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.10 pp. 817-832
- absorption; cellulose acetate; fabrics; fiberglass; nylon; poly(vinyl chloride); tensile strength; textile fibers; viscose; yarns
- ... The stress-strain properties, the tensile-recovery behavior, and the response to re peated tensioning (cycling) of sixteen staple yarns were investigated. Three man-made (Fiberglas, viscose, acetate) and seven synthetic (nylon, Orlon,² Dacron,3 Dynel, Saran, polyvinyl chloride, Kuralon) textile materials were tested at standard conditions using the Instron Tensile Tester. The tensile recovery was ...