Jump to Main Content
- Frederick, Edward B.; Zagieboylo, Walter
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.12 pp. 1025-1029
- fabrics; finishes; heat; melting point; nylon; quantitative analysis; sewing; temperature; textile fibers; wool
- ... A procedure for measuring the temperatures reached by sewing-machine needles during high-speed sewing is presented along with a quantitative evaluation of the effectiveness of several sewing finishes in reducing needle heat. It is shown that the use of sewing finishes on fabrics made of blends of nylon and wool can effectively reduce needle temperatures substantially below the melting point of nyl ...
- Atherton, E.; Downey, D.A.; Peters, R.H.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.12 pp. 977-993
- anions; desorption; dyeing; dyes; equations; fabrics; nylon; textile fibers; thermodynamics; wool
- ... The dyeing of nylon with acid dyes has been investigated in greater detail than hitherto and the mechanism postulated by earlier workers has been confirmed, with minor reservations. The affinities for nylon of 12 acid dyes have been determined by desorption with inorganic anions and a more generally applicable equation has been evolved for the relationship between desorption data and affinity. Thi ...