Jump to Main Content
- Frederick, Edward B.; Zagieboylo, Walter
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.12 pp. 1025-1029
- fabrics; finishes; heat; melting point; nylon; quantitative analysis; sewing; temperature; textile fibers; wool
- ... A procedure for measuring the temperatures reached by sewing-machine needles during high-speed sewing is presented along with a quantitative evaluation of the effectiveness of several sewing finishes in reducing needle heat. It is shown that the use of sewing finishes on fabrics made of blends of nylon and wool can effectively reduce needle temperatures substantially below the melting point of nyl ...
- Sarkar, P.B.; Mazumdar, A.K.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.12 pp. 1016-1020
- fabrics; hemicellulose; jute; lignin; temperature; textile fibers
- ... Some facts about a combination between lignin and polyuronide hemicellulose of jute fiber are noted. An alkali lignin has been isolated from the fiber and described. An approximate estimate has been made of the different constituents removed by dilute caustic soda at ordinary temperature from jute. ...