Jump to Main Content
- Orr, Rollin S.; Weiss, Louis C.; Moore, Harry B.; Grant, James N.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.7 pp. 592-600
- acetylation; air drying; cellulose; cellulosic materials; cotton; equations; fabrics; hydrolysis; mercerization; rapid methods; solvents; textile fibers
- ... A rapid method which compares favorably in accuracy with that of slower methods for measuring the density of cellulosic materials with a gradient column is described. Densities of several cottons before and after chemical modification by partial acetylation, carboxymethylation, aminization, and mercerization are given. Per cent acetyl can be expressed as a function of density in a linear empirical ...
- Stoll, R.G.
- Textile research journal 1955 v.25 no.7 pp. 650-661
- cellulose; clothing; durability; fabrics; heat treatment; textile fibers; yarns
- ... This paper outlines why cellulose triacetate, which has been known for 90 years, has only recently become a fiber-forming material of considerable commercial interest. After giving a brief historical background, it describes the structure of triacetate as developed by heat treatment and the utilization of heat treatment for the improvement of fiber and fabric properties. It further presents data o ...