Jump to Main Content
- Brown, Hugh M.; Graham, John S.
- Textile research journal 1950 v.20 no.6 pp. 418-425
- air flow; fabrics; fineness; lint cotton; porosity; surface area; textile fibers
- ... Using 7 varieties of cotton harvested at different times to give an extremely wide range in fiber development, a study was made of the air-flow method of measuring fineness and maturity of the lint. The data show that when porosity meters are calibrated in units of weight per unit length of fiber (i.e., fineness) the curves for different varieties of cotton are quite different. This is due to the ...
- Calkins, Edward W. S.
- Textile research journal 1950 v.20 no.6 pp. 426-433
- fabrics; fineness; surface area; textile fibers; Tennessee
- ... Interlaboratory check tests show excellent correlation between our homemade air-per meability instrument and both the University of Tennessee's "Arealometer" and an air-per meability instrument in another laboratory. From similar results reported by other investigators for their own instruments, it is concluded that any instrument of this type if properly calibrated can do a good job of measuring ...