Jump to Main Content
- Russell, Deborah J.; McGrail, Matthew R.
- The Australian journal of rural health 2017 v.25 no.4 pp. 219-226
- anesthetics; employment; hospitals; medicine; models; population size; rural communities; rural health; surgery; surveys; work schedules; Australia
- ... OBJECTIVES: To investigate patterns of Australian GP procedural activity and associations with: geographical remoteness and population size hours worked in hospitals and in total; and availability for on‐call DESIGN AND PARTICIPANTS: National annual panel survey (Medicine in Australia: Balancing Employment and Life) of Australian GPs, 2011–2013. MAIN OUTCOME MEASURES: Self‐reported geographical wo ...
- Playford, Denese; Puddey, Ian B.
- The Australian journal of rural health 2017 v.25 no.4 pp. 210-218
- cohort studies; college students; employment; labor force; multivariate analysis; rural health; working conditions; Western Australia
- ... OBJECTIVE: Rural exposure during medical school is associated with increased rural work after graduation. How much of the increase in rural workforce by these graduates is due to pre‐existing interest and plans to work rurally and how much is related to the extended clinical placement is not known. DESIGN: This cohort study compared the employment location of medical graduates who professed no rur ...