Jump to Main Content
- Levitan, Emily B.; Shikany, James M.; Ahmed, Ali; Snetselaar, Linda G.; Martin, Lisa W.; Curb, J. David; Lewis, Cora E.
- The British journal of nutrition 2013 v.110 no.1 pp. 179-185
- nutrition risk assessment, etc ; calcium; demographic statistics; dietary mineral supplements; heart failure; magnesium; models; mortality; natural history; nutrient intake; nutrients; patients; potassium; questionnaires; women; women's health; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Although diet is thought to affect the natural history of heart failure (HF), nutrient intake in HF patients has not been well studied. Based on prior research linking high intake of Ca, Mg and K to improved cardiovascular health, we hypothesised that these nutrients would be inversely associated with mortality in people with HF. Of the 161 808 participants in the Women's Health Initiative (WHI), ...
- PubMed Central:
- Sharma, Sangita; Wilkens, Lynne R.; Shen, Lucy; Kolonel, Laurence N.
- The British journal of nutrition 2013 v.109 no.8 pp. 1479-1489
- nutrition risk assessment, etc ; African Americans; Latinos; breads; butter; chickens; chronic diseases; dietary energy sources; dietary fiber; energy; fat intake; frozen milk; frozen yogurt; ice cream; ice milk; men; nutrients; nutritional intervention; protein sources; public health; rice; saturated fats; sugars; women; Hawaii; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Data are limited on how dietary sources of energy and nutrient intakes differ among ethnic groups in the USA. The objective of the present study was to characterise dietary sources of energy, total fat, saturated fat, protein, dietary fibre and added sugar for five ethnic groups. A validated quantitative FFQ was used to collect dietary data from 186 916 men and women aged 45–75 years who were livi ...
- PubMed Central: