Jump to Main Content
- Annis, Ryan P.; Swahari, Vijay; Nakamura, Ayumi; Xie, Alison X.; Hammond, Scott M.; Deshmukh, Mohanish
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.24 pp. 4569-4582
- apoptosis; cerebellum; cytochrome c; early development; gene expression regulation; genes; microRNA; neurons
- ... Apoptotic cell death is critical for the early development of the nervous system, but once the nervous system is established, the apoptotic pathway becomes highly restricted in mature neurons. However, the mechanisms underlying this increased resistance to apoptosis in these mature neurons are not completely understood. We have previously found that members of the miR‐29 family of microRNAs (miRNA ...
- PubMed Central:
- Nomikos, Michail; Thanassoulas, Angelos; Beck, Konrad; Theodoridou, Maria; Kew, Jasmine; Kashir, Junaid; Calver, Brian L.; Matthews, Emily; Rizkallah, Pierre; Sideratou, Zili; Nounesis, George; Lai, F. Anthony
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.24 pp. 4502-4514
- calcium; gain-of-function mutation; genes; humans; keratin; phospholipase C; rats
- ... Hereditary leukonychia is a rare genetic nail disorder characterized by distinctive whitening of the nail plate of all 20 nails. Hereditary leukonychia may exist as an isolated feature, or in simultaneous occurrence with other cutaneous or systemic pathologies. Associations between hereditary leukonychia and mutations in the gene encoding phospholipase C delta‐1 (PLCδ1) have previously been identi ...