Jump to Main Content
- Isupov, Michail N., et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The FEBS journal 2015 v.282 no.15 pp. 2879-2894
- Rhodococcus erythropolis; crystal structure; drugs; epoxides; ethylene glycol; genetic databases; genomic libraries; hot springs; hydrolases; melting; metagenomics; mutagenesis; nucleotide sequences; polyethylene glycol; substrate specificity; temperature
- ... The epoxide hydrolases (EHs) represent an attractive option for the synthesis of chiral epoxides and 1,2‐diols which are valuable building blocks for the synthesis of several pharmaceutical compounds. A metagenomic approach has been used to identify two new members of the atypical EH limonene‐1,2‐epoxide hydrolase (LEH) family of enzymes. These two LEHs (Tomsk‐LEH and CH55‐LEH) show EH activities ...
- Isupov, Michail N., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The FEBS journal 2015 v.282 no.15 pp. 2846-2857
- Escherichia coli; acetates; active sites; alcohols; amino acids; butyrates; catalytic activity; crystal structure; esterases; genetic databases; ligands; malates; mutants; propionic acid; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Thermogutta terrifontis esterase (TtEst), a carboxyl esterase identified in the novel thermophilic bacterium T. terrifontis from the phylum Planctomycetes, has been cloned and over‐expressed in Escherichia coli. The enzyme has been characterized biochemically and shown to have activity towards small p‐nitrophenyl (pNP) carboxylic esters, with optimal activity for pNP‐propionate. The enzyme retaine ...