Jump to Main Content
- Kato, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.11 pp. 2004-2017
- DNA repair; DNA-directed DNA polymerase; crystal structure; databases; transcription (genetics); ubiquitin; zinc finger motif
- ... The ubiquitin‐binding zinc finger (UBZ) is a type of zinc‐coordinating β‐β‐α fold domain found mainly in proteins involved in DNA repair and transcriptional regulation. Here, we report the crystal structure of the UBZ domain of Y‐family DNA polymerase (pol) η and the crystal structure of the complex between the UBZ domain of Werner helicase‐interacting protein 1 (WRNIP1) and ubiquitin, crystallize ...
- Kato, Ryuichi, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The FEBS journal 2016 v.283 no.4 pp. 662-677
- hydrophobicity; polypeptides; ubiquitin
- ... BAG6 (also called Scythe) interacts with the exposed hydrophobic regions of newly synthesized proteins and escorts them to the degradation machinery through mechanisms that remain to be elucidated. In this study, we provide evidence that BAG6 physically interacts with the model defective protein substrate CL1 in a manner that depends directly on its short hydrophobicity. We found that the N termin ...