Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Yihua; Hu, Walter; Peng, Bei; Liu, Yaling
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2014 v.118 no.26 pp. 14586-14594
- electric field, etc ; antibodies; biomarkers; biosensors; coatings; models; physical chemistry; Show all 7 Subjects
- ... Antibodies have been used as bioreceptors in biodiagnostic devices for decades, the performances of which are affected by various factors, such as orientation, density, and local environment. While there are extensive works on design and fabrication of various biosensors, little is known about the molecular level interactions between antibodies coated on sensor surfaces and biomarkers suspended in ...
- Arefi, Hadi H.; Fagas, Giorgos
- The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2014 v.118 no.26 pp. 14346-14354
- electric field, etc ; bromine; fluorine; iodine; physical chemistry; prediction; selenium; silicon; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Using first-principles, we provide predictions for chemical trends in the work function of silicon (111) surfaces modified with various terminations. For nonpolar terminating atomic species such as F, Cl, Br, and I, the change in the work function is directly proportional to the amount of charge transferred from the surface, thus relating to the difference in electronegativity of the adsorbate and ...