Jump to Main Content
- Bendjersi, Fatima Z.; Tazerouti, Fairouz; Belkhelfa-Slimani, Radia; Djerdjouri, Bahia; Meklati, Brahim Y.
- The Journal of essential oil research 2016 v.28 no.3 pp. 202-210
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Laurus nobilis; acetates; alpha-pinene; alpha-terpineol; antioxidant activity; bay (herb); cineole; essential oils; eugenol; exocytosis; granules; hydrodistillation; inhibitory concentration 50; leaf extracts; linalool; mice; myeloperoxidase; neutrophils; nitric oxide; oils; pathogens; sabinene; superoxide anion; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This paper focuses the phytochemical composition of bay leaves essential oils obtained by solvent-free microwave extraction (SFME) and by the hydrodistillation (HD) for comparison. Essential oils had similar qualitative but different quantitative composition. For HD and SFME, the main constituents on the oils differed respectively in 1,8-cineole (26.4–30.9)%, sabinene (9–9.6)%, alpha-terpinyl acet ...
- Verma, Ram S.; Kumar, Amit; Mishra, Priyanka; Kuppusamy, Baskaran; Padalia, Rajendra C.; Sundaresan, Velusamy
- The Journal of essential oil research 2016 v.28 no.1 pp. 35-41
- methyl eugenol, etc ; Ocimum americanum; Ocimum gratissimum; Ocimum tenuiflorum; camphene; camphor; cluster analysis; essential oils; eugenol; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lipid content; oils; India; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Compositional characteristics of the essential oils of four Ocimum spp., namely Ocimum adscendens Willd., Ocimum gratissimum L., Ocimum tenuiflorum L. and Ocimum americanum L. were examined using GC-FID, GC-MS, and hierarchical cluster analyses from peninsular India. The essential oil content varied from 1.0% to 2.0% in different Ocimum spp. Altogether eighty-four constituents, corresponding to 89 ...