Jump to Main Content
- Zou, Feng-Cai, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2012 v.98 no.4 pp. 889-890
- Fasciola gigantica; Fasciola hepatica; cattle; goats; humans; internal transcribed spacers; liver flukes; morbidity; polymerase chain reaction; ribosomal DNA; sheep; China
- ... On mainland China, liver flukes of Fasciola spp. (Digenea: Fasciolidae) can cause serious acute and chronic morbidity in numerous species of mammals such as sheep, goats, cattle, and humans. The objective of the present study was to examine the taxonomic identity of Fasciola species in Yunnan province by sequences of the first and second internal transcribed spacers (ITS-1 and ITS-2) of nuclear ri ...
- Zou, Feng-Cai, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Journal of parasitology 2012 v.98 no.3 pp. 681-682
- DNA; Passer domesticus; Passer montanus; Phasianus colchicus; Toxoplasma gondii; breast muscle; genes; genetic markers; genetic variation; genotype; genotyping; human health; loci; parasites; pheasants; polymerase chain reaction; surveys; wild birds; China; Europe; North America; South America
- ... Toxoplasma gondii is an important cosmopolitan opportunistic protozoan parasite, which threatens the health of human beings and animals. Genetic characterization of isolates from South America has revealed high genetic diversity. In contrast, isolates from North America and Europe were highly clonal, with 3 major lineages known as the Types I, II, and III. However, limited information on T. gondii ...