Jump to Main Content
- Holowka, David, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.13 pp. 3500-3513
- artificial intelligence; emulsions; energy; lipids; mast cells; models; physical chemistry; plasma membrane; receptors; tyrosine
- ... Lipid phase heterogeneity in the plasma membrane is thought to be crucial for many aspects of cell signaling, but the physical basis of participating membrane domains such as “lipid rafts” remains controversial. Here we consider a lattice model yielding a phase diagram that includes several states proposed to be relevant for the cell membrane, including microemulsion—which can be related to membra ...
- Holowka, David A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of physical chemistry 2012 v.116 no.23 pp. 6923-6935
- antigens; cholesterol; correlation; crosslinking; immunoglobulin E; mast cells; phosphorylation; phosphotransferases (kinases); plasma membrane; scanning electron microscopy; tyrosine
- ... Antigen-mediated cross-linking of IgE bound to its receptor, FcεRI, initiates a transmembrane signaling cascade that results in mast cell activation in the allergic response. Using immunogold labeling of intact RBL mast cells and scanning electron microscopy (SEM), we visualize molecular reorganization of IgE-FcεRI and early signaling proteins on both leaflets of the plasma membrane, without the n ...
- PubMed Central: