Jump to Main Content
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2017 v.51 no.1 pp. 38-49
- Accipiter striatus; Asio; Athene cunicularia; Circus; Falco sparverius; Tyto alba; autumn; birds of prey; cropland; dominant species; ecosystems; falcons; grasslands; grazing; habitat preferences; habitats; land cover; roadsides; seasonal variation; species diversity; spring; surveys; urban areas; Argentina; Pampas region
- ... We evaluated the species composition, relative abundance, habitat use, and seasonal variability of raptor assemblages in the Flooding Pampas of Argentina, which represents the southeastern part of the biome known as the Rio de la Plata Grasslands. We conducted seasonal roadside surveys to detect raptors in modified and natural habitats over a 3-yr period from spring 2006 through autumn 2009. We cl ...
- Baladrón, Alejandro V., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2015 v.49 no.4 pp. 479-485
- Athene cunicularia; arms (limbs); blood sampling; body size; claws; color; females; geographical variation; males; plumage; sex determination; sexual dimorphism; tail; Argentina; Caribbean; North America
- ... We studied body size and sexual dimorphism in the southernmost subspecies of the Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia cunicularia) at the Pampas of Argentina, and we compared our data with those from other subspecies in the Americas. A total of 58 individuals were captured and their coloration pattern (plumage and bare parts), body linear measurements (wing chord, standard tail length, tarsus length ...