Jump to Main Content
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Journal of raptor research 2015 v.49 no.1 pp. 75-83
- Athene cunicularia; birds; breeding; climate change; equations; latitude; longitude; models; population growth; probability; regression analysis; surveys; California; Mexico; Washington (state)
- ... The quantification of shifts in bird distributions in response to climate change provides an opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of the processes that influence species persistence. We used data from the North American Breeding Bird Survey (BBS) to document changes in the distributional limits of the western Burrowing Owl (Athene cunicularia hypugaea) from 1967 to 2008. We used logistic reg ...
- Macías-Duarte, Alberto, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- The Journal of raptor research 2013 v.47 no.4 pp. 335-351
- Bubo virginianus; Falco; agricultural land; birds of prey; breeding; coastal plains; drought; falcons; fledglings; habitats; islands; mortality; nesting; nutritional support; predation; savannas; shrublands; Chihuahuan Desert; New Mexico; Texas
- ... Captive-bred fledgling Aplomado Falcons (Falco femoralis) were released along the coastal plain of southern Texas (839 birds from 21 sites during 1993–2004) and in the Chihuahuan Desert of western Texas (637 birds from 11 sites in 2002–2011) and southern New Mexico (337 from 10 sites during 2006–2012). The Texas coastal releases yielded two nesting populations: 15–18 pairs near Brownsville and 15 ...