Jump to Main Content
- Gyurácz, József; Bánhidi, Péter; Góczán, József; Illés, Péter; Kalmár, Sándor; Koszorús, Péter; Lukács, Zoltán; Németh, Csaba; Varga, László
- The Ring 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 23-82
- Passeriformes; bird banding; birds; migratory species; phenology; Hungary
- ... The fieldwork, i.e. catching and ringing birds using mist-nets, was conducted at Tömörd Bird Ringing Station in western Hungary during the post-breeding migration seasons in 1998-2016. Altogether, 106,480 individuals of 133 species were ringed at the station. The aim of this paper was to publish basic information on passerine migration at this site. Migration phenology was described through annual ...
- Awad, Simon I.; Farhoud, Michael H.; Abu Saada, Riad K.; Busse, Przemysław
- The Ring 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 83-102
- Passeriformes; autumn; bird banding; birds; environmental education; netting; spring; Palestine
- ... This paper reports the results of mist-netting of birds, mainly passerines, at the Talitha Kumi ringing site by the Environmental Education Center (EEC), supported by the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land. Bird catching/ringing has been conducted there since 2000, but the data presented here are limited to ten years of work (2004-2013), mainly for compatibility reasons. Durin ...