Jump to Main Content
- Mukhopadhyay, Shiladitya; Mazumdar, Subhendu
- The Ring 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 103-120
- Ardeidae; Psittacula; Threskiornis melanocephalus; avifauna; ecosystems; foraging; frugivores; granivores; insectivores; landscapes; nectar feeding; omnivores; parakeets; seasonal variation; species richness; suburban areas; summer; surveys; urbanization; winter; India
- ... Avian communities are very good indicators of any ecosystem. Despite the alarming consequences of rapid urbanization, studies of avian diversity in the human-dominated landscapes of India are very few. Therefore, we studied the avian assemblage of Bongaon in southern West Bengal, India, a suburban area whose avifauna has thus far remained undocumented. Bird surveys were carried out from June 2015 ...
- Busse, Przemysław; Rząd, Izabella
- The Ring 2017 v.39 no.1 pp. 121-136
- Milvus migrans; Milvus milvus; birds; breeding season; farms; fledglings; flight; landscapes; monitoring; nesting; nests; rotors; wind farms; wind turbines; Germany
- ... The main aim of this study was to evaluate how local pairs of kites behave in the vicinity of two wind farms located in the same region (Saxony, Germany) and at farms which are to be re-powered. We observed three pairs that had located their nests close to active wind farms (a few hundred to 1500 m from the wind farm). Special attention was focused on variation in the intensity of flights and its ...