Jump to Main Content
- Rosińska, Katarzyna
- The Ring 2009 v.29 no.1-2 pp. 91-106
- adults; asymmetry; autumn; biometry; birds; breeding sites; coasts; color; females; gender differences; head; immatures; males; probability; sex determination; sex determination analysis; spring; t-test; tail; topography; wings
- ... Biometrical and morphological differentiation in sex-age groups of Robins migrating through the Polish Baltic coast was studied. Altogether 446 dead birds were collected in 1963-2004 during spring or autumn migration. Dead Robins were measured (wing and tail lengths and wing formula) and additionally in 2002-2004 leg colour and amount of grey colour on head and flanks were determined. After the me ...
- Rosińska, Katarzyna; Adamska, Karolina
- The Ring 2009 v.29 no.1-2 pp. 107-120
- autumn; biometry; data collection; graphs; tail; winter; Italy; Mediterranean region
- ... Inter-seasonal changes of biometry and preferred migration directions of Robins were studied according to data collected during autumn migration in northern Italy at the Arosio Bird Observatory (45°43'N, 9°12'E). Altogether 598 immature Robins were caught and 187 orientation tests were performed. Wing, tail and tarsus length, wing shape and weight were analysed in subsequent five migration waves d ...