Jump to Main Content
- Dinevich, Leonid; Leshem, Yossi
- The Ring 2009 v.29 no.1-2 pp. 3-39
- aircraft; algorithms; birds; disasters; flight; migratory behavior; monitoring; radar; Africa; Europe; Israel
- ... The territory of Israel is a route for major bird migration from Europe and certain areas in Asia and Africa and back. During the period of intensive migration, the average density of birds may reach over 500 birds per a square kilometre of the air. These figures, alongside with the fact the air over the country is saturated with aircraft, makes it an urgent task to find solutions for prevention o ...
- Didrickson, Özgür; Didrickson, Jno; Busse, Przemysław
- The Ring 2009 v.29 no.1-2 pp. 67-89
- Palearctic region; Phylloscopus trochilus; autumn; birds; habitats; migratory behavior; national parks; stopover sites; wetlands; Mediterranean Sea; Turkey (country)
- ... Turkey is located on one of the major migratory routes between Palearctic and Afrotropical regions. Despite its importance for many species, few studies exist on bird migration over Turkey. In this study, autumn migration dynamics and stopover behaviour of the Willow Warbler, a passage migrant in Turkey, was documented and analysed at Manyas Kuşcenneti National Park (NW Turkey). Birds were mist-ne ...