Jump to Main Content
- Occelli, Florent; Lanier, Caroline; Cuny, Damien; Deram, Annabelle; Dumont, Julie; Amouyel, Philippe; Montaye, Michèle; Dauchet, Luc; Dallongeville, Jean; Genin, Michaël
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.714 pp. 136608
- air pollutants; air pollution; cadmium; copper; coronary disease; cumulative exposure; models; nickel; nitrogen dioxide; palladium; particulates; regression analysis; relative risk; traffic; urban areas
- ... Geographical variations in cardiovascular disease rates have been linked to individual air pollutants. Investigating the relation between cardiovascular disease and exposure to a complex mixture of air pollutants requires holistic approaches. We assessed the relationship between exposure to multiple air pollutants and the incidence of coronary heart disease (CHD) in a general population sample. We ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gholami, Fatemeh; Tomas, Martin; Gholami, Zahra; Vakili, Mohammadtaghi
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.714 pp. 136712
- adsorption; air pollutants; air pollution; ammonia; carbon monoxide; catalytic activity; chemical reduction; coal; combustion; electrochemistry; flue gas; gasoline; human health; hydrocarbons; hydrogen; natural gas; nitrogen oxides; oils; technology
- ... The required energy of the global industry is mostly generated from fossil fuel sources, such as natural gas, gasoline, diesel, oil, and coal. Nitrogen oxides are one of the main air pollutants that are produced from the combustion of fossil fuels in stationary and mobile sources. Development of new technologies to decrease the NOₓ emission from exhaust gases is essential due to the harmful effect ...