Jump to Main Content
- Swift, Benjamin M.C.; Bennett, Malcolm; Waller, Katie; Dodd, Christine; Murray, Annie; Gomes, Rachel L.; Humphreys, Bethan; Hobman, Jon L.; Jones, Michael A.; Whitlock, Sophia E.; Mitchell, Lucy J.; Lennon, Rosie J.; Arnold, Kathryn E.
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 12-20
- Escherichia coli; animal wastes; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; colistin; farms; feces; genes; multiple drug resistance; risk; sewage treatment; wild birds; wildlife
- ... The isolation of antimicrobial resistant bacteria (ARB) from wildlife living adjacent to humans has led to the suggestion that such antimicrobial resistance (AMR) is anthropogenically driven by exposure to antimicrobials and ARB. However, ARB have also been detected in wildlife living in areas without interaction with humans. Here, we investigated patterns of resistance in Escherichia coli isolate ...
- Hwangbo, Myung; Claycomb, Everett Caleb; Liu, Yina; Alivio, Theodore E.G.; Banerjee, Sarbajit; Chu, Kung-Hui
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 1189-1197
- Escherichia coli; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; antibiotics; aquifers; bacteria; chemical pollutants; dehalogenation; dioxane; drinking water; irrigated farming; models; photocatalysis; photolysis; plasmids; risk; triclosan; wastewater; zinc; zinc oxide
- ... Microbial and emerging chemical contaminants are unwanted constituents in reclaimed wastewater, due to the health concerns of using the water for agricultural irrigation, aquifer recharges, and potable water. Removal of these contaminants is required but it is currently challenging, given that there is no simple treatment technology to effectively remove the mixture of these contaminants. This stu ...