Jump to Main Content
- Kelleghan, David B.; Hayes, Enda T.; Everard, Mark; Curran, Thomas P.
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 1580-1589
- ammonia; compliance; cost effectiveness; emissions; environmental quality; geographic information systems; habitats; lichens; marshes; models; monitoring; risk; screening; Ireland; United Kingdom
- ... The aim of this study was to provide a simple, cost-effective, risk-based map of terrestrial areas in Ireland where environmental quality may be at risk from atmospheric ammonia. This risk-based approach identifies Natura 2000 sites in Ireland at risk from agricultural atmospheric ammonia, collating best available data using Geographical Information Systems (GIS). In mapping ammonia risk on sensit ...
- Correa Pabón, Rosa Elvira; Souza Filho, Carlos Roberto de; Oliveira, Wilson José de
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 1224-1236
- absorption; cost effectiveness; data collection; ecosystems; hazardous waste; human health; hyperspectral imagery; image analysis; models; monitoring; oils; petroleum; pipelines; polluted soils; reflectance; reflectance spectroscopy; remediation; risk; soil pollution; soil sampling; spectrometers; wavelengths
- ... Accidental releases of hazardous waste related to the extraction, refining, and transport of oil and gas are inevitable. Petroleum facilities and intrinsic pipelines present environmental pollution risks, threatening both human health and ecosystems. Research has been undertaken to enhance the conventional methods for monitoring hazardous waste problems and to improve time-consuming and cost-effec ...