Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Lu; Gao, Yingzhi; Han, Bo-Ping; Fan, Haijuan; Yang, Haijun
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.676 pp. 155-164
- multivoltine habit, etc ; autumn; cold; cold zones; ecosystems; forests; freezing; functional properties; habitats; macroinvertebrates; mountains; species diversity; streams; summer; temperature; water quality; winter; China; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... The species composition of macroinvertebrate communities is sensitive to environmental changes. However, the influence of human activity over seasons on the functional characteristics of macroinvertebrate communities is poorly understood. To elucidate the effects of agriculture-induced environmental changes on stream ecosystems in cold regions, we conducted a comparative study of an agricultural s ...
- Desrosiers, Mélanie; Usseglio-Polatera, Philippe; Archaimbault, Virginie; Larras, Floriane; Méthot, Ginette; Pinel-Alloul, Bernadette
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.649 pp. 233-246
- multivoltine habit, etc ; asexual reproduction; benthic organisms; climate; community structure; copper; ecosystems; heavy metals; lead; longevity; macroinvertebrates; models; nutrients; organic carbon; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; rivers; sediment contamination; sediments; zinc; Saint Lawrence River; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... This study aims to evaluate the anthropogenic pressure in the St. Lawrence River by assessing the relationships between chemical contamination of sediments and benthic community structure with the trait-based approach. Organic and inorganic contaminants as well as other sediment variables (sediment grain size, total organic carbon, nutrients, etc.) and benthic invertebrate assemblages were determi ...