Jump to Main Content
- Sidhu, Harmanpreet; D'Angelo, Elisa; O'Connor, George
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.650 pp. 173-183
- sewage treatment, etc ; azithromycin; bioavailability; biosolids; calcium chloride; ciprofloxacin; desorption; diffusivity; humans; hysteresis; linear models; risk; sand; sewage sludge; silt loam soils; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Ciprofloxacin (CIP) and azithromycin (AZ) are commonly prescribed antibiotics, often found at elevated concentrations in treated sewage sludge (biosolids), and could pose human and ecological risks when land applied. Limited retention-release data preclude assessing potential risks from the target antibiotics in biosolids and biosolids-amended soils. The present work assessed sorption-desorption o ...
- Ngambia, Audrey; Ifthikar, Jerosha; Shahib, Irshad Ibran; Jawad, Ali; Shahzad, Ajmal; Zhao, Mengmeng; Wang, Jia; Chen, Zhulei; Chen, Zhuqi
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.691 pp. 306-321
- sewage treatment, etc ; adsorbents; adsorption; cadmium; carbonization; copper; coprecipitation; ecology; environmental factors; heavy metals; industry; ion exchange; lakes; lead; magnesium; metal ions; models; moieties; pollutants; sewage sludge; silicates; silver; solid wastes; sorption isotherms; surface area; tap water; temperature; wastewater; water pollution; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... A rod-like SDBC-Mg(II) composite was synthesized and optimized in the conditions of 25% Mg(II) loading and 500 °C calcination temperature. As-prepared SDBC-25%Mg(II)-500 adsorbent attained equilibrium in 30 min, with an extraordinary capacity of 2931.76 mg g−1 (Pb(II)) and 861.11 mg g−1 (Cd(II)), revealing a promising adsorbent for the removal of such metals so far. The adsorption kinetics was wel ...