Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Qiang; Roß-Nickoll, Martina; Wu, Di; Deng, Wei; Wang, Zhijian; Yuan, Xingzhong; Zhang, Yaoguang
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.627 pp. 104-117
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Chironomidae; Oligochaeta; Plecoptera; Trichoptera; agricultural land; aquatic invertebrates; biodiversity; chemical oxygen demand; community structure; ecosystems; environmental factors; habitats; macroinvertebrates; physicochemical properties; rivers; rural areas; sewage; urban areas; urbanization; watersheds; China; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Urban areas and their development depress water physicochemical properties, river habitats and aquatic biotic integrity worldwide. Benthic macroinvertebrates at 61 sites representing three types of river reach locations (upstream rural areas, intermediate and downstream of urban areas) on the Liangtan River, a rapidly urbanized river with untreated sewage discharge in southwest China, were examine ...
- Raitif, Julien; Plantegenest, Manuel; Agator, Océane; Piscart, C.; Roussel, Jean-Marc
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.644 pp. 594-601
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Chironomidae; Trichoptera; agricultural land; agroecosystems; ammonium; aquatic insects; biomass; ecosystem services; energy; environmental factors; habitats; hypoxia; macroinvertebrates; nutrients; seasonal variation; spring; streams; subsidies; summer; temperature; terrestrial ecosystems; watersheds; France; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... A growing amount of literature exists on reciprocal fluxes of matter and energy between ecosystems. Aquatic subsidies of winged aquatic insects can affect terrestrial ecosystems significantly, but this issue is rarely addressed in agroecosystems. By altering the production of benthic macroinvertebrates, agricultural practices could increase or decrease the strength of aquatic subsidies and subsequ ...