Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Shou-Heng; Tang, Wen-Ting; Yang, Yun-Han
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.643 pp. 507-515
- graphene oxide, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; adsorbents; adsorption; aqueous solutions; carbon; heat production; models; nicotine; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pH; sodium; sorption isotherms; stable isotopes; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Extensive concerns have been focused on the emerging contaminants including nicotine in the aquatic system recently. Graphene oxide (GO) and modified graphene oxides (GO-COOH and defective GO-COOH) are used as effective adsorbents to remove nicotine from aqueous solution. The adsorption isotherms and kinetics of the adsorbents all fit well with Langmuir model and pseudo-second-order model, respect ...
- Li, Ronghua; Wang, Jim J.; Zhang, Zengqiang; Awasthi, Mukesh Kumar; Du, Dan; Dang, Pengfei; Huang, Qian; Zhang, Yichen; Wang, Lu
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.642 pp. 526-536
- calcium oxide; magnesium oxide, etc ; adsorption; aqueous solutions; carbon; dolomite; electrostatic interactions; fertilizers; kinetics; models; organic matter; pH; phosphates; phosphorus; plant growth; pollutants; pyrolysis; recycling; sawdust; sorption isotherms; temperature; wastewater; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Metal oxide-Carbon composites have been developed tailoring towards specific functionalities for removing pollutants from contaminated environmental systems. In this study, we synthesized a novel CaO-MgO hybrid carbon composite for removal of phosphate and humate by co-pyrolysis of dolomite and sawdust at various temperatures. Increasing of pyrolysis temperature to 900 °C generated a composite ric ...