Jump to Main Content
- Zagonari, Fabio
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.548-549 pp. 25-32
- decision making, etc ; case studies; ecosystem services; experts; models; stakeholders; sustainable development; uncertainty; Italy; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... In this paper, I propose a general, consistent, and operational approach that accounts for ecosystem services in a decision-making context: I link ecosystem services to sustainable development criteria; adopt multi-criteria analysis to measure ecosystem services, with weights provided by stakeholders used to account for equity issues; apply both temporal and spatial discount rates; and adopt a tec ...
- Shaw, Edward; Kumar, Vikas; Lange, Eckart; Lerner, David N.
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.540 pp. 71-78
- decision making, etc ; Bayesian theory; attitudes and opinions; canoeing; case studies; ecosystem services; models; probability; stakeholders; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Modelling cultural ecosystem services is challenging as they often involve subjective and intangible concepts. As a consequence they have been neglected in ecosystem service studies, something that needs remedying if environmental decision making is to be truly holistic. We suggest Bayesian Networks (BNs) have a number of qualities that may make them well-suited for dealing with cultural services. ...