Jump to Main Content
- Tecco, Nadia; Baudino, Claudio; Girgenti, Vincenzo; Peano, Cristiana
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.568 pp. 253-262
- decision making, etc ; carbon dioxide; climate; economic sustainability; emissions; employment; farming systems; farms; global warming; growers; landscape management; life cycle assessment; models; mulching; planning; raspberries; risk; working conditions; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... In the challenging world of territorial transformations within the agriculture, there is an increasing need for an integrated methodological framework of assessment that is able to reconcile the demand for solutions that are both economically sustainable and contribute to environmental and social improvement.This study aims to assess the introduction of innovation into agro-food systems by combini ...
- Vogeler, Iris; Mackay, Alec; Vibart, Ronaldo; Rendel, John; Beautrais, Josef; Dennis, Samuel
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.565 pp. 564-575
- decision making, etc ; annual pastures; arid lands; beef; case studies; climate; dry matter accumulation; farming systems; farms; income; irrigation; land policy; livestock production; models; production technology; profitability; New Zealand; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Farm system and nutrient budget models are increasingly being used in analysis to inform on farm decision making and evaluate land use policy options at regional scales. These analyses are generally based on the use of average annual pasture yields. In New Zealand (NZ), like in many countries, there is considerable inter-annual variation in pasture growth rates, due to climate. In this study a mod ...