Jump to Main Content
- Li, Guangdong; Fang, Chuanglin; Wang, Shaojian
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.545-546 pp. 609-620
- decision making, etc ; coasts; econometrics; ecosystems; gross domestic product; issues and policy; land cover; logit analysis; models; spatial variation; China; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... Although ecosystems are valuable, they have been allowed to deteriorate globally in recent decades. However, the spatiotemporal changes in ecosystem-service values (ESVs) and their hotspots in China are not well understood. Here, long-term land-cover data, the spatial analysis method and an econometric analysis model were used to examine these changes. The results indicate that the total terrestri ...
- González-De Vega, S.; De las Heras, J.; Moya, D.
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.573 pp. 1171-1177
- decision making, etc ; Pinus halepensis; adverse effects; basins; climate change; coniferous forests; fire regime; fire severity; forest management; issues and policy; land cover; landscapes; models; planning; plant communities; semiarid zones; shrublands; terrestrial ecosystems; vegetation structure; wildfires; Iberian Peninsula; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... In recent decades, the fire regime of the Mediterranean Basin has been disturbed by various factors: climate change; forest management policies; land cover; changed landscape. Size and severity have notably increased, which in turn have increased large fires events with >500ha burned (high severity). In spite of Mediterranean ecosystems' high resilience to fire, these changes have implied more vul ...