Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Pujun; Xia, Xinghui; Dong, Jianwei; Xia, Na; Jiang, Xiaoman; Li, Yang; Zhu, Yuemei
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.568 pp. 57-65
- octanol-water partition coefficients, etc ; case studies; manufacturing; particulates; perfluorocarbons; risk; river water; rivers; sediments; Yellow River; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... Perfluoroalkyl substances (PFASs) have attracted attentions all around the world. However, little is known about their distribution among water, suspended particulate matter (SPM), and sediment phases in rivers, especially for the short-chain PFASs. In this work, the Yellow River, the largest turbid river in the world, was selected as a case to study eleven kinds of PFASs in the three phases of ri ...
- Tuikka, A.I.; Leppänen, M.T.; Akkanen, J.; Sormunen, A.J.; Leonards, P.E.G.; van Hattum, B.; van Vliet, L.A.; Brack, W.; Smedes, F.; Kukkonen, J.V.K.
- The Science of the total environment 2016 v.563-564 pp. 396-404
- octanol-water partition coefficients, etc ; Lumbriculus variegatus; bioaccumulation factor; carbon; hydrophobicity; invertebrates; laboratory experimentation; models; polychlorinated biphenyls; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; prediction; sediments; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... There were two main objectives in this study. The first was to compare the accuracy of different prediction methods for the chemical concentrations of polyaromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs) and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in the organism, based on the measured chemical concentrations existing in sediment dry matter or pore water. The predicted tissue concentrations were compared to the measured one ...