Jump to Main Content
- Martins, César C., et al. Show all 2 Author
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.536 pp. 750-760
- boats; estuaries; flame ionization; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; humans; hydrocarbons; mangrove forests; organic matter; particulates; petroleum; summer; traffic
- ... Guaratuba Bay, a subtropical estuary located in the SW Atlantic, is under variable anthropogenic pressure throughout the year. Samples of surficial suspended particulate matter (SPM) were collected at 22 sites during three different periods to evaluate the temporal and spatial variability of aliphatic hydrocarbons (AHs) and linear alkylbenzenes (LABs). These compounds were determined by gas chroma ...
- Martins, César C., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.502 pp. 408-416
- alkanes; anthropogenic activities; boats; fisheries; humans; oils; organic matter; petroleum; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sediment deposition; sediments; sewage; tourism; traffic; Antarctic region; Antarctica
- ... Although relatively recent, human activities in Antarctica, such as growing tourism, fishery activities, and scientific operations, have affected some areas of this continent. These activities eventually release pollutants, such as petroleum and its derivatives and sewage, into this environment. Located on King George Island (25 de Mayo Island), Potter Cove (62°14′S, 58°39′W) is home to the Argent ...