Jump to Main Content
- Hytteborn, Julia K.; Temnerud, Johan; Alexander, Richard B.; Boyer, Elizabeth W.; Futter, Martyn N.; Fröberg, Mats; Dahné, Joel; Bishop, Kevin H.
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.520 pp. 260-269
- Scandinavia, etc ; atmospheric precipitation; carbon; forests; lakes; land cover; landscapes; models; soil types; stream flow; temporal variation; variance; water quality; watersheds; Sweden; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Factors affecting total organic carbon (TOC) concentrations in 215 watercourses across Sweden were investigated using parameter parsimonious regression approaches to explain spatial and temporal variabilities of the TOC water quality responses. We systematically quantified the effects of discharge, seasonality, and long-term trend as factors controlling intra-annual (among year) and inter-annual ( ...
- Panagos, Panos; Ballabio, Cristiano; Borrelli, Pasquale; Meusburger, Katrin; Klik, Andreas; Rousseva, Svetla; Tadić, Melita Perčec; Michaelides, Silas; Hrabalíková, Michaela; Olsen, Preben; Aalto, Juha; Lakatos, Mónika; Rymszewicz, Anna; Dumitrescu, Alexandru; Beguería, Santiago; Alewell, Christine
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.511 pp. 801-814
- Scandinavia, etc ; European Union; Revised Universal Soil Loss Equation; Universal Soil Loss Equation; data collection; floods; latitude; linear models; longitude; meteorological data; rain; risk; soil erosion; temperature; time series analysis; Switzerland; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Rainfall is one the main drivers of soil erosion. The erosive force of rainfall is expressed as rainfall erosivity. Rainfall erosivity considers the rainfall amount and intensity, and is most commonly expressed as the R-factor in the USLE model and its revised version, RUSLE. At national and continental levels, the scarce availability of data obliges soil erosion modellers to estimate this factor ...