Jump to Main Content
- Shope, Christopher L.; Angeroth, Cory E.
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.536 pp. 391-405
- Great Salt Lake, etc ; confidence interval; lakes; models; monitoring; regression analysis; surface water; total dissolved solids; uncertainty; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... Effective management of surface waters requires a robust understanding of spatiotemporal constituent loadings from upstream sources and the uncertainty associated with these estimates. We compared the total dissolved solids loading into the Great Salt Lake (GSL) for water year 2013 with estimates of previously sampled periods in the early 1960s. We also provide updated results on GSL loading, quan ...
- Johnson, William P.; Swanson, Neil; Black, Brooks; Rudd, Abigail; Carling, Greg; Fernandez, Diego P.; Luft, John; Van Leeuwen, Jim; Marvin-DiPasquale, Mark
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.511 pp. 489-500
- Great Salt Lake, etc ; Artemia; Diptera; anaerobic conditions; aquatic invertebrates; birds; freshwater; mercury; methylation; methylmercury compounds; sediments; temporal variation; terrestrial ecosystems; tin; wetlands; Utah; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... We examined mercury (Hg) speciation in water and sediment of the Great Salt Lake and surrounding wetlands, a locale spanning fresh to hypersaline and oxic to anoxic conditions, in order to test the hypothesis that spatial and temporal variations in Hg concentration and methylation rates correspond to observed spatial and temporal trends in Hg burdens previously reported in biota. Water column, sed ...