Jump to Main Content
- Zhou, Li-Jun; Ying, Guang-Guo; Liu, Shan; Zhang, Rui-Quan; Lai, Hua-Jie; Chen, Zhi-Feng; Pan, Chang-Gui
- The Science of the total environment 2013 v.444 pp. 183-195
- fluoroquinolones, etc ; animal wastes; bacitracin; ceftiofur; chlortetracycline; dairy cattle; dairy farming; excretion; farmers; farms; feeds; florfenicol; interviews; lincomycin; macrolides; pollution; soil; streams; sulfonamides; surveys; swine; tetracycline; trimethoprim; China; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... This paper evaluated the excretion masses and environmental occurrence of 11 classes of 50 antibiotics in six typical swine and dairy cattle farms in southern China. Animal feeds, wastewater and solid manure samples as well as environmental samples (soil, stream and well water) were collected in December 2010 from these farms. Twenty eight antibiotics, including tetracyclines, bacitracin, lincomyc ...
- Nõlvak, Hiie; Truu, Marika; Tiirik, Kertu; Oopkaup, Kristjan; Sildvee, Teele; Kaasik, Ants; Mander, Ülo; Truu, Jaak
- The Science of the total environment 2013 v.461-462 pp. 636-644
- fluoroquinolones, etc ; antibiotic resistance; biofilm; constructed wetlands; ecosystems; effluents; gene targeting; genes; hybrids; macrolides; microbial communities; microorganisms; organic matter; penicillins; ribosomal RNA; subsurface flow; sulfonamides; temperature; tetracyclines; wastewater; wastewater treatment; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... Municipal wastewater treatment is one of the pathways by which antibiotic resistance genes from anthropogenic sources are introduced into natural ecosystems. This study examined the abundance and proportion dynamics of seven antibiotic resistance genes in the wetland media biofilm and in the influent and effluent of parallel horizontal subsurface flow mesocosm cells of a newly established hybrid c ...