Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Xuyang; Zhang, Minghua
- The Science of the total environment 2011 v.409 no.10 pp. 1949-1958
- decision making, etc ; Soil and Water Assessment Tool model; agricultural runoff; agricultural watersheds; algorithms; chlorpyrifos; conservation buffers; diazinon; pollutants; pollution load; ponds; prediction; production technology; risk reduction; sediments; streams; vegetation cover; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Quantifying effectiveness of agricultural BMPs at the watershed scale is a challenging issue, requiring robust algorithms to simulate not only the agricultural production system but also pollutant transport and fate. This research addresses the challenge to simulate performances of BMPs in reducing organophosphates (OPs) runoff at the watershed scale. The SWAT model is calibrated and validated fol ...
- Love, Bradley J.; Einheuser, Matthew D.; Nejadhashemi, A. Pouyan
- The Science of the total environment 2011 v.409 no.17 pp. 3215-3229
- decision making, etc ; 2,4-D; Lepomis macrochirus; Panicum virgatum; aquatic organisms; atrazine; bromoxynil; canola; corn; crop rotation; decision support systems; drinking water; ecotoxicology; energy crops; environmental impact; ethanol; exposure duration; glyphosate; human health; humans; intensive cropping; metolachlor; pendimethalin; sethoxydim; streams; toxicity; trifluralin; watersheds; Michigan; Show all 29 Subjects
- ... In this study, the environmental impacts of large scale bioenergy crops were evaluated using the Soil and Water Assessment Tool (SWAT). Daily pesticide concentration data for a study area consisting of four large watersheds located in Michigan (totaling 53,358km²) was estimated over a six year period (2000–2005). Model outputs for atrazine, bromoxynil, glyphosate, metolachlor, pendimethalin, setho ...