Jump to Main Content
- Varó, Inmaculada; Perini, Aurora; Torreblanca, Amparo; Garcia, Yaiza; Bergami, Elisa; Vannuccini, Maria L.; Corsi, Ilaria
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.675 pp. 570-580
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; acute exposure; aquatic environment; bioassays; biotransformation; carboxylesterase; cholinesterase; chronic exposure; enzyme activity; feeding behavior; gene expression; gene expression regulation; juvenile hormones; lipid peroxidation; marine ecosystems; models; molting; nanoplastics; nauplii; neurotoxicity; oxidative stress; plankton; polystyrenes; risk; seawater; Show all 25 Subjects
- ... Micro- (<5 mm) and nanoplastics (<1 μm) are emerging threats for marine ecosystems worldwide. Brine shrimp Artemia is recognized as a suitable model among planktonic species for studying the impact of polystyrene nanoparticles (PS NPs) through short and long-term bioassays. Our study aims to evaluate the time-dependent effects of cationic amino-modified PS-NH2 (50 nm) in A. franciscana after short ...
- Huang, Yushi; Cartlidge, Rhys; Walpitagama, Milanga; Kaslin, Jan; Campana, Olivia; Wlodkowic, Donald
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.615 pp. 107-114
- Artemia franciscana, etc ; Danio rerio; Daphnia magna; behavior change; bioavailability; dimethyl sulfoxide; ecotoxicology; freshwater crustaceans; freshwater fish; hydrophobicity; marine crustaceans; models; mortality; nauplii; neonates; solvents; toxic substances; toxicity; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) is a universally used aprotic solvent with the ability to permeate biological membranes and thus is commonly used to achieve appropriate biological availability of hydrophobic toxicants. While DMSO as a carrier medium has a reportedly low toxicity and is routinely employed in ecotoxicology, very little is known about its effect on dynamic behavioral parameters. This study ...