Jump to Main Content
- Fan, Ruifang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2015 v.524-525 pp. 74-80
- DNA damage; benzene; biomarkers; breathing; children; kindergarten; liquid chromatography; metabolism; metabolites; oxidative stress; pollutants; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; spectrometers; toddlers; toluene; toxicity; urine; China
- ... Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), benzene and toluene (BT) are ubiquitous toxic pollutants in the environment. Children are sensitive and susceptible to exposure to these contaminants. To investigate the potential oxidative DNA damage from the co-exposure of PAHs and BT in children, 87 children (aged 3–6) from a kindergarten in Guangzhou, China, were recruited. Ten urinary PAHs and four BT ...
- Fan, Ruifang, et al. Show all 11 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2019 v.688 pp. 742-750
- aggregate exposure; benzo(a)pyrene; biomarkers; body weight; carcinogenicity; cumulative exposure; death; lung neoplasms; mortality; polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons; sampling; surveys; urine; China
- ... This study aimed to evaluate internal biomarkers and external estimation of exposure to polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) in a high cancer mortality area in southeast China and identify which of these showed a stronger association of PAH with cancer mortality. A retrospective death survey was conducted to determine the mortality rate of cancer. Cumulative and aggregate external exposures to P ...