Jump to Main Content
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2017 v.578 pp. 337-345
- Crenarchaeota; Nitrosomonas; Nitrosospira; ammonia; bacteria; earthworms; fluorescence; humification; nitrates; nitrification; oxidants; recycling; value-added products; vegetables; vermicomposting; vermicomposts; wastes
- ... Although it is known that earthworms enrich the nitrate content in their final products, the detailed mechanisms behind this are not well understood, and this is important for determining the agricultural value of vermicomposting. Hence, this study aimed to investigate the effects of earthworms on ammonia oxidization and to clarify the functions of ammonia-oxidizing bacteria and archaea (AOB and A ...
- Cui, Guangyu, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2018 v.644 pp. 494-502
- Eisenia fetida; Flavobacteriales; activated sludge; antibiotic resistance genes; bacteria; earthworms; enzyme activity; quinolones; ribosomal DNA; vermicomposting; vermicomposts
- ... Antibiotic resistance genes abundant in municipal excess sludge reduce the agricultural value of vermicompost. However, little attention has been paid on the fate and behavior of the problem-causing agents in vermicomposting. In this study, the fate and behavior of quinolone resistance genes in excess activated sludge during vermicomposting were studied with reactors introduced with Eisenia fetida ...